Wednesday 23 May 2012

How sick is sick?

So my dear daughter has been to the "Sick Bay" at school both days this week - wait for it - with a runny nose.

I find it funny that the school has to officially inform you of that also via a note.

I think the sick bay is very exciting for my little one. The first visit was pretty full on, she had a massive fall and took the skin off her nose, arms and legs so had to have a lot of attention. Since then I have received many notes from a "knock on the playground" to "hurt mouth on tap".

Anyway....

I did noticed she was sniffly over the weekend but didn't think too much of it. This child never gets sick! I love it! I'm not sure if it is her diet and general lifestyle but I can count on one hand how many times she has been ill.

But after I picked her up yesterday I noticed the sniffles now included sneezing.

So I packed her off to bed with a heap of Vick's on the chest and back and her vapouriser puffing away.

This morning when I was up doing my 5.30am feed with the baby out walks the daughter. I asked how she was feeling she said her nose was still blocked and follow that by a very chunky sneeze.

Gross!

So I put the baby down for a sleep, wrapped the little one in blankets, gave her some medicine, put the cartoons on and decided she wasn't going to go to school today and jumped back into bed myself.

I get woken up about an hour later to hear my daughter and husband discussing school and why she wasn't going.

My daughter was telling him I wasn't letting her because she was sick but she really wanted to go and then my husband saying your fine go get ready!

Finally my hubby comes in and say's "she really isn't that sick and she should be going to school".

This made me just so annoyed.

Firstly because she is in Prep not Year 12 - she wont miss much today!

Secondly because she is actually not well and is clearly spreading germs around the place.

Thirdly because I don't want any kids let alone mine going to school spreading these germs to everyone they come in contact with.

I'm sure the other parents and the teacher would appreciate her not being there.

Oh that felt nice :)

So yes my daughter is playing happily in every room of the house today, she is not bed bound. But at least I can keep giving her a dose of medicine to keep on top of it and fill her full of veggie soup.

Then maybe she will only be sick for a couple days instead of leaving her and it getting so much worse and ending up to need to have a week off school.

God knows mummy cant handle that!

I don't know how sick you have to be to not go to school or work for that matter, but I know I don't want any illness around for too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment